Monday, February 09, 2009

Week 40

Here's the latest...

We are in week 40 which ends now on Friday the 13th (that is our latest due date).

I served an eviction notice on the baby yesterday. (but as my sister pointed out, we all know how long it takes me to actually get an eviction after filing a notice)

I got a massage on Friday - which was divine... so divine that I scheduled another for the 13th just in case.

I realized on Saturday morning that I really don't have any pictures of me pregnant, so my sister came over on Saturday afternoon and took some for me... I'll see if I can upload one later.

I went to Kate's dinner theater fundraiser on Saturday night and laughed my butt off. It was great!

Saturday night when I awoke in the middle of the night (which is just a normal occurrance now) I had 2 stronger contractions and I thought, "Could this be it???"
But when I awoke in the morning things were pretty normal again so I got up and got ready for my very busy day ahead...

Sunday morning we had the 10:30 Mass hosted by our 5th and 6th graders followed by a parish brunch in our hall. The Mass was great - we had split the minister roles between the 2 grades and the kids were fantastic! I stood at the back of the church through the whole Mass doing a standing rocking motion in hopes of getting the baby to move to the groove and get tthings moving. The brunch after Mass was equally fantastic in that so many parishioners came down for great fellowship. Many, many people came to me and said, "Wow! You look great! How do you feel? ... I really didn't think we would see you this weekend." I would say, "I actually feel great, but I am ready for the next phase." and "I really didn't think I would still be here either." So after, I went to the Natick Mall (sorry - the Natick Collection) yesterday and walked 2 laps. Last night I felt like things were progressing. I was looking forward to my dr. appointment because I was SURE she was going to tell me that we were progressing nicely...

This morning was our appointment... we had the monitors on for a while and everything looks good... heartrate is steady and strong ... I had a few contractions ... but NOTHING has changed since last Monday! NOTHING?????? I walked, I ate Chinese, I rocked, I exhausted myself and NOTHING??? So we created our "overdue plan" for next week (though she assured me that just creating the plan usually gets things moving) So if we are still pregnant on Tuesday the 17th, we go to the hospital on that morning for an ultrasound and fetal monitoring (this determines sufficient amniotic fluid and non stress). Wednesday morning we go see the nurse practitioner (not the one we saw before) for an exam and to look at the results from Tuesday tests. Thursday evening we go in to be induced. If we make it that far, this process is long and exhausting and if we are lucky the baby will be born by Friday evening, but definitely by Saturday morning.

So, my friends, your job this week is to pray that we go into labor without having to be induced! Now get to praying!!!!

and thanks for your support...

2 comments:

HerMajesty00 said...

Paula I did not know until last night that there was a Grammy pregnancy outfit that people on their due date could wear. I know you could pull it off even though dalmatian spots are not really your style.
You will sooo go into labor this week. Since you will miss your massage, maybe I could take your place? I am THAT kind of good friend!

margmor said...

I heard taking Milk Of Magnesia puts people into labor. I remember because the initials are ironically MOM.
I can't wait to meet this new Flanagan!! It's not too late to name her MARGO!