Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Week 39

At dr appointment this week ... she told us to prepare to be late - typical Flanagan style! Also, we had an ultrasound and the baby's weight is estimated at 7 lbs 9 ounces right now... which is right about where i was when I was born (come on baby, you and mommy can be the same!!) No new pictures as the little one was facing my right hip which is the wall where the placenta is and therefore we couln't get a face shot...

Okay, so I know that 40 weeks is the right amount of time ... and that I am only at 39 weeks, which makes me still a week early, however, at this stage of pregnancy one wonders if a week really makes a difference...

I know that Una says that Andrews acid reflux was attributed to his 2 week early delivery ... and that the little peanut could have stood to cook a little longer and build up some body fat ... and I do believe her that bigger babies are healthier...

But this offers little comfort to me each night as a sleep for 20 minutes ... wake up for 10 ... sleep for 20 ... wake up for 10. There is comfort is those moments during the night when I lie awake feeling the baby moving all around and knowing that each day the movements are stronger and healthier and that one of these nights these gentle movements will turn to unbearable contractions which will lead to this little one joining us on the outside. But when morning comes and that hasn't happened yet, well, it is disappointing.

On the plus side, in the past few days I have been able to:
- make a lasagna and meatballs to put in to serving size containers in the freezer for after the baby is here and I don't feel like cooking

- set up in the youth room ALL the supplies and resources needed by the middle school teachers for the rest of the year!

- Sort through all the old sheet sets we have accumulated and discard all of the mismatched / ripped / wornout sheets and organize the others into sets in the linen closet

- do ALL of the laundry in the house

- replaced the garbage disposal ... well, had my sister come and install a new one ... as lately when I run the water for too long in the kitchen, I have been noticing that my socks get wet. So yesterday morning I opened the cabinet to see if there was water under there and yes, there was a bit of a flood. So I pulled all the cleaning supplies out and soaked up the water and yucky mess that was under there and then poured more water down the drain to see where it was coming from... the garbage disposal was rotted in spots and acted like a sprinkler system as it spewed all over the cabinet space ... and since the cabinet doors were open, all over me too (YUCK!!) I am just glad that I didn't run the garbage disposal itself or I would have had orange and kiwi skins all over too!! Anyway, I called Jim and had him pick up a new disposal and my sister came last night and installed it for us. (my mom came too, but she and I watched TV while my sister worked)

- Also - my mom brought over my christening gown, bonnet, blanket and pillow which have been preserved like most people do with their wedding dresses. Jim says if this is a boy we are not using the bonnet...

This past Sunday I was talking with a family at my parish (my favorite family!) and the mom was talking about what she did to pass the time while she waited for her first to be born. She said that for the last 2 weeks she made plans for something fun to do each day. That way if the baby didnt come that day, she still had something fun to do, and the worst that could happen is that she would have to cancel plans. SO here is my plan...

Today, I am making the plans for the next 2 weeks...
Tomorrow, we are cooking and setting up for Mardi Gras
Friday, 1:45 Massage and evening Mardi Gras fundraiser for Mississippi
Saturday, anyone want to do lunch? or dinner? (Jim is running a retreat 12 - 9)
Sunday, 6th grade Mass and brunch ... TOB for Teens begins in the evening
Monday, Dr appointment in the morning ... anyone for lunch or dinner?
Tuesday - my birthday ... 10am haircut and what I would LIKE to do is go to dinner with Jim at Rick's Cafe since they have trivia night on Tuesday nights and it is a fun time... however there is a joint PPC meeting that night ... i will work on getting out of that...
Wednesday - hoping for another massage, we will see how the first one goes...
Thursday - DRE meeting in the morning in Acton, maybe lunch with Diahne and others after?
Friday & Saturday ... before we got married we used to do a valentines dinner with a couple of couples ... sometimes gabe & una, sometimes scott and margo ... right before Keira was born we had both couples over at Jim's old apartment... perhaps we should plan one of those dinners again...

That takes us right up to the due date ... I will look at the following week if we make it past V-day...

Okay - so who wants to get together when? and remember plans are subject to change at the whim of this baby...

1 comment:

Kate said...

You should come to St. John's saturday night for Matty O'Malley wake dinner theater!! The kids would LOOOVVEEE to see you - not to mention me too!! :)

maybe I can join you for lunch after DRE meeting since you'll be in my neck of the woods!!

I'll pray this baby comes soon though!!!