Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Everyone

So tonight I had an "Everybody Birthday Party" for my middle school kids. Reminder - I have 53 Middle School kids total. I had 21 kids there tonight! Grand success for my first middle school event!! I am so pleased with it. I also had 3 parents helping me. Also a great success. Here was my day today:

Shopped for last minute party items
Picked up cupcake tree from sister (no cupcakes do not grow on this tree - it is to display them)
Drove to work
Baked cupcakes - 12 chocolate, 12 vanilla, 24 1/2 and 1/2
set up hall - filled goddie bags - attempted to eat my lunch which I never finished and my tummy is growling - blew up helium balloons - pluged in donkey for pin the tail game (blow up donkey, velcro tails - very cool)

kids arrived
played games
they decorated their own birthday cupcake
they each made a candle
they each decorated a goodie bag for someone else
they all played pin the tail
they also made up some games - kick the hat - (hey they are MSers - don't judge)
and then it was over - time flew
they all thanked me on the way out - so nice!
the adults totally cleaned up except for the stuff on the floor that needs to be swept - they rocked

I forgot to take pictures - darn it!!!!

and now after getting everything in order here in my office I am going home to sleep - well I think I will eat something first so that my stomach does not eat itself - could happen!

peace out

2 comments:

margmor said...

congrats on your first successful event!!! Here's to many more.

Her Harlequin said...

I love the enthusiasm and joy you exude about your kids. MS'ers can be tough to feel that way about - I know - I have one. He is simultaniously the sweetest most generous helpful kid AND the most frustrating selfish pain in the @$$. Great that you accept them and love them as they are. Keep up the good work.