Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Day Off

Ah - a sabbath... not really though. I spent most of the day doing some type of job related internet searching, then I had a fantastic meeting with my boss at 4:30 and dinner with the staff at 6:00 to bit farewell to our PA, who is just a wonderful person. So sad that she is leaving even after only one week of working with her.

So the meeting was GREAT - we are SO on the same page! Love him!!

The dinner rocked - my boss and shared this spicy hot calamari that was out of this world and I had almond encrusted salmon which was the best I have ever had ... and those who know me know that I love my salmon. (my own grilled salmon is the best though)

Now I am getting some things in order at my desk as I will be out of the office for the next 2 days at the crazy off-site meeting that everyone is talking about. I guess it is a doozy so watch for future posts on that.

Tomorrow (September 14th) is the 1-year aniversary of my cousin Leanne's passing. It is a very very sad time for my family so please keep us in your prayers. It is so hard to believe that she is really gone. I was explaining to a friend yesterday that it seems like it is just settling in that she is really not coming back - I know that sounds strange, but it is suddenly "real" - and it is really sad. Then I read my cousin's website last night and read that her mom is feeling that too. The saddness is so so overwhelming at times it is like it is happening all over again. I have never experienced this before. So - as I said - keep praying.

On an upnote - I am taking a class on Thurday nights for the next 8 weeks in boston called Improv for Life. It sounded intriguing so I signed up. THis was the description:

Is there some aspect of your general interactions with other people you would like to improve? Do you worry that you are shy, have trouble with interviews, are not social enough at parties, or have problems expressing your feelings well? Learn how to look at each aspect of your social life for what it is - a skill. As with any other skill, your social skills can be improved with practice. Using the basic building blocks of improvisational comedy, hone your social skills in a supportive environment, while having a great time and learning improvisational comedy techniques used by professionals. Not an ordinary improv class, Improv for Life flips the usual priorities - instead of learning how to perform on stage and having social development be a pleasant side effect, focus on you in your greatest role ever - playing yourself, in your life.

While I don't feel that I am socially inept - I do struggle coming up with conversation when meeting new people and since all I am doing these days is meeting new people I thought it would be good. Plus - there are bound to be improv-ing games that would be great for youth ministry too... of couse if everyone else in class is a social outcast this could be very interesting indeed ... will keep you posted ...

Until later...

No comments: