Friday, September 29, 2006

It doesn't matter...

That was the theme of our class tonight, which you can imagine was a difficult concept for me because of how competitive I am. So we would play a game and half way through he would say - now try it with the mantra "it doesn't matter".

For all you ym types who are looking for the new games that I am learning here are 2 fun ones:
Colors (small group): One person in the middle - the rest in circle around close up with hands palm up. Each person picks a color including the person in the middle (each one different) then one person in the circle calls out a color - the person who is that color calls out another color before the person in the middle can slap their hands... if the person in the middle slaps the hands of the other person before they can say another color, then they switch places ... now play like it doesn't matter ...

Checkout: Two people in the middle of the circle "facing off". A location is given and the two people have to name things that you would find at that location while pretending to scan them like at a supermarket checkout. Example: Cemetary: headstones, grass, flowers, candle, pictures, rosary beads, incense, insects, prayer cards, etc...........now play like it doesn't matter

What did you learn tonight P? Well, I learned that I am a very competitive person ... ok I REALLY learned that years ago when I broke up with a bf because of a minigolf game. Well, before you judge, I wanted to have a do-over and he wouldn't let me. A - it was just a game, why can't I do a do-over ; B - chivalry anyone ; and C - well, like I said, I am competitive - soooooooo end of relationship. NO - I was not 15 either!

Oh - you are probably wondering what ever happened with B and his crass foul mouth. Well, I had gotten to calss early and asked E if he could give a little "lets keep it clean" talk at the beginning of class, which he did, but B was not there yet. But it was all good cause after B arrived, E gave the keep it clean speach again and it was all good.

We did a bunch of character building activities - prefaced by a statement about "we are not what we do" in other words, we sometimes do things that are not who we are ... if we like the way somebody else does something and we start to do it too - we can become what we do and it all intermingles. Deep, eh? So back to the "we are not what we do" statement - rememer the Irish Social Club ... the old lady incident? Ya - I am not what I do.

Until later then.

1 comment:

HerMajesty00 said...

THe Irish Socail club? Old Lady? Now there is a story I NEED to hear. kisses Sue