Sunday, September 10, 2006

Soda Machine in office!

I went to target today and got the best thing!! A personal soda machine that holds 18 cans of soda ... diet coke of course. It was on clearance for $50! Much cheaper than the little fridge that I had intended to buy. It is 3 sleeves with 6 cans in a sleeve, so I can put DC in 2 sleeves and my lunch in the 3rd ... if it is a sandwich of course. The place where the cans come out has a door too so I am waiting to see if that area stays cold too. If so, my lunch could go there and I can put fresca in the 3rd sleeve. So excited!

So, yesterday was the Ride for Leanne - my cousin who passed away last year from Melanoma. The ride raises money for the Leanne Schmall Foundation which gives scholarships in her memory. So there was this silent auction going on in one corner and Jim and I got so much stuff for a fraction of what it would retail for. We got a portable grill - really cool for camping ... so now we have to go next year! We got a 2 night stay at this AMAZING hotel in Miami that is worth $300 per night ... so now we will HAVE to take a couple of days off this year to go there. We got 2 tickets to a Red Sox game ... ya, I know they stink this year but my little cousin Cameron got the other 2 tickets and we are trying to convice him to take Brian (his little brother who is also my godchild) so it could make for a very cool night. We got a Frank Malzone autographed baseball (he played for the Sox for 11 years 1955 - 1965 and is said to be one of the greatest, if not THE greatest 3rd baseman in Red Sox history). Oh - and cool vase that will be filled with a $75 floral arrangement next weekend when I go to Franklin for the 1 year anniversary Mass. Also, I won the 50/50 raffle for $114 AND Jim won a pasta cooker pot, a little carry-on bag and a $10 GC to Applebees. All in all it was a great day and Leanne was definitely with us in spirit.

Today was our outdoor Mass and cookout! It was great! Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. It is all done by a volunteer team and is just a great way to start the new year. It was perfect weather AND the food was ready as soon as Mass let out so there was no waiting. I love it here. (sorry M - but please let me spill my joy a little while longer ... I deserve this, don't I?)

No comments: